Wednesday, October 18, 2006

PR and Stella

I'm back!

Well, kind of. At least for now. Or rather for today.

So just to get off to a start again--

Project Runway! I know the finale's tonight! On the east coast you've all probably already watched it. On the west coast the episode is just finishing up right now. But I sacrificed my finale time so that I could talk with you precious people. [those of you that are still left anyway-- sorry about the 1 month + absence] Basically, all I have to say I really don't know who's going to win anymore. I thought it would be Michael. Really. But then I saw that his work was kind of...slackening off during the last few episodes-- at least, the judges weren't too pleased with him as they normally were. And then I saw a glimpse of the season finale part 1 and those dresses Laura made were quite cute! And of course- though I have extreme distaste for Jeffrey (I don't abhor him like I used to though after seeing him talk about his extreme love for his family), his work is amazing as well. And Uli of course would most definitely put on a strong show. I can't...relate to Uli's dresses though- I mean, yes they're pretty and unique but...hm I can't put my finger on it.

Anyway, I was reading Confucius's The Analects for my class and this quote reminded me of Jeffrey Sebella:



"Even if one had talents as attractive as the Duke of Zhou, supposing one were also arrogant and mean, the rest of one's qualities would simply not be worthy of notice."

Now I don't know who the Duke of Zhou is, but the quote is self-explainable.

Also, I'm so excited about these sneakers I bought over fall break! They are the first footwear I have gotten since this summer in Las Vegas (I wish I had time to write about it!) which were these black canvas BCBG MazAzria Keds. I'm not really...a Keds person. But they were very cute. And $20 since they were on sale. I love how therapeutic buying a piece of clothing, an accessory, or a pair of shoes can be. In Vegas, I was sort of moody one night and my mom was like, "Stop it or else I'm going to take away those shoes." And I was so attached that I went, "NooOoOooo" since they had made me so happy. God that sounds really weird now that I've typed it out. I have emotional attachments to material things. Bad Gloria. Bad. It just cheers me up so much...

But anyway, the sneakers I got over fall break:







!!!!!!! I can't believe I actually found them after like 2 years after Stella's Adidas line first launched. I kept waiting for them to drop from their super-intimidating $165. I know they're tennis shoes. I mean, they say "stella <3's tennis


"Few, if any, survive their teens. Most surrender to the vague but murderous pressure of adult conformity. It becomes easier to die and avoid conflicts than to maintain a constant battle with the superior forces of maturity" -- Maya Angelou


Btw, check out http://www.fauxrocksfashionshow.com.

It's to be the first cruelty-free fashion show in Vegas! Warms my heart.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home