Thursday, July 05, 2007

Louise Dahl-Wolfe; Final #4


Dear class,

This is the last day of our series on fashion photography at your local library. The following photos are by American photographer Louise Dahl-Wolfe, who shot almost exclusively for Harper's Bazaar. Now, if you will follow me, let's get started.


[All photos belong to Louise Dahl-Wolfe and their respective publications etc etc]

Eight Favorites from Louise Dahl-Wolfe


This makes me want to wear flowers in my hair.


Love this photo, or rather, the clothes...a very feminine sort of roman, gladiator look. Plus, high waisted skirts are in right now and gladiator sandals are always cute.


Louise Dahl-Wolfe really knows how to show off the clothes. In the rest of the books, all I thought about was how good the photograph was, not necessarily focusing on the clothes. But this lady was good. I mean, even now, I would wear this outfit if I could. It's fresh but very elegant.


Printed top + orange shorts ...v. bold. I can imagine Audrey Hepburn under there with her figure.


This stunning photo makes me want to be this girl. Gorgeous dress, beautiful color palette, what more can I say?


Great photograph. They were really in the desert, too-- you can see the sweat on her back.


Reminds me of a bit like Milly.


A bit nun in the city. But after you overcome that, the headwrap and the coat is just such a rich combination. Even though it wouldn't match my skin tone, I'd love to wear that.


I thought it would be fun to add in some more categories:


Palettes

I've been really liking that sort of small white polka dot print paired with any dark neutral or rich color.



Soft, Vibrant & Siamese



Meet my Friends: Thin, Tiny, Stripes &...Eggshell ;)



Antique Icy Blue & White




Proof (sometimes creepy) That Times are the Same

Canary Yellow-- remember that was in a while ago?



See, they used to put in little quips of advice in spreads back then too.



People still carry around their tiny dogs.




Photos That Remind Me of Current Fashion Brands


J. Crew? or Eddie Bauer?



Banana Republic?



Some Contemporary Department Store Ad? [Lord & Taylor, Bloomingdales, Macy's...]



This concludes the end of the photo series-- after about a week. But don't be sad, girls, more posts soon!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

those pictures are really well shot, I especially love the bazaar covers

2:46 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

yea, I know! I bookmarked just about every other photo in her book. :P

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home