Saturday, February 17, 2007

Natural High

Ever since the beginning of high school, I've had this...strange love affair with Sugar (the brand, not the little granules- though those are good too..). From shoes to cosmetics, their electrifyingly hyper, cute logo and packaging mesmerized me- except for the unfortunate period of time when they came out with mary jane joggers- which just really creeped me out.

I remember when I bought my first set of Sugar mascara tubes- off of Ebay- and my first Sugar shoes- which I bought for my friend as a Christmas gift, being the generous person I am. They were navy flipflops with a cute yellow rubber ducky on the strap that made noises when ever you pinched it (I so wanted to keep them to myself! I kind of wish I did...the friend lasted shorter than the flip-flops). I just recently bought my first Sugars ever over winter break-- it just sort of happened! They're these dark purple "hook-up cats" (that's the style name).

Over the years, Sugar has just blossomed into an amazing line and successful shoe+cosmetics business (who would know it would work out so well?) based in Irvine, CA. Of course, there's another plus I like about Sugar...I think just about...95% of Sugar shoes are all non-leather/non-suede. I've only recently discovered that they also make the same styles for kids (look at nordstrom.com's collection).

You can find out where to purchase Sugar at http://www.sugarshoes.com - it has a handy list of online retailers. They mention one place, Alternative Outfitters, which is a cruelty-free online store with all non-animal products. Offline, I know I've, for sure, seen them at Urban Outfitters. The only online retailer they're missing from the list is Hot Topic and Swell.com on occassion has them.

They carry a lot of different styles: the beefy boot, the graphic boot, morigami boot, origami boot, the cat, etc... I would stay away from "parka boot" and "da bomb boot" though. Otherwise-- they're so cute and unique. My current favorites:

Flats




Boots





Go crazy!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

omg those flats are so pretty! sugar is sweet( hehehe)
sorry, bad pun, but i couldn't help myself.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sooo adorable I so want a pair

9:50 PM  
Blogger Style IT said...

Hi,

I'm Sarah, the new editorial assistant with Coutorture. We seem to have misplaced your email address, so would you be a doll and email me at sbconle@gmail.com?

Thanks!

Sarah

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very sweet

http://www.lake-shore.co.uk/

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Them

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home