Saturday, June 07, 2008

The 1st Vintage Ebay Deals Post out of many to come [think nina ricci, martin margiela, dries van noten... ]

*updated* I added 3 new clothing items as of today, June 9th

As promised. This is the first "ebay post" out of many to come-- there's things that are really low (like 9.99) and and nothing over $75. It's a whole mess of vintage and vegan items [good deals on things like... nina ricci, martin margiela, dries van noten...] and some cute vintage swimsuits and dresses. To see why vintage- and ebay- is such a positive thing-- and environmentally thoughtful-- see this post here. [3rd section]

There's also two items I've got my eye on...and being the hoarding little girl that I am, I'm not posting those ...yet...I mean I'll add them later if the price gets way beyond my control. But I'm keeping an eye on them for now... ;)

Of course, ebay transactions can always be very troublesome...for instance, I won this gorgeous Tsumori Chisato bag, and my dad handled the correspondence-- I used his account after all-- and the london seller, "merrison2006", basically decided to be -- is there a nice word for jerk?-- and not only was rude and unprofessional in exchanging emails, but "lost" the bag, and refused to even find out where it was for us...leading us to believe he didn't ship out the bag in the first place...which is pretty plausible seeing as I won it for like $60 total... anyway I was SO heartbroken to not get the bag (which was also not leather...which was perfect for me)... in any case, always be careful when doing ebay transactions... you get good sellers and bad sellers.

In any case, my future ebay posts- will be shorter. I just thought the first one should be special! [plus a lot of bookmarked ones already ended when I decided to post] Without further ado, see the below for my vintage ebay picks and if you actually decide to purchase a piece, do tell! :)

Each photo lists the time it's ending, the size, and the current price.
[click each to go its url]


Sweet Stuff










The Best Summer Suits- wild and tame.





I've got my eye on...Instant Gratification




Vegan/Vegetarian
[the vintage margiela is such a good deal...]









and...this one tsumori chisato bag [all cotton]
which is...$580.

Vintage (1 new and rest used)-
good for the environment, all cute.

















Also very exciting-- which deserves its own section-- are these vivenne westwood rocking horse shoes from the early 90's. Of course...these are selling on ebay for like...$350 or something. However, if you type in "rocking horse" and look in the shoes category--- checking the box for searching in description as well-- you will find many shoes especially in the "buy it now" section...which are say... kind of knock offs. or some styles are "inspired"... but still...for the fashion crazies... with shipping, those styles, below are about $50 I think.


The Real Deal



Knock Knock.



Who's There? A lot of shoes, it turns out!

27 Comments:

Blogger Mónica said...

Wow, you found great stuff here! I am so sorry about that bad seller, at least I hope you get your $$ back. E-bay is such a big shop! and so eco-friendly all the vintage thing. great post;)!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Wow, great stuff you found. I'm sorry to know about that bad seller.
I've never bought at Ebay, people always say me that it's great, and I agree, but I've had some problems with others on-line shops, that I'm afraid. You know I live in a small island... things get here more difficulty.
Sometimes I don't know what to do.
I like those eco things, since I'm vegetarian I'm always trying to see eco-friendly things.
Loved your post.
xx

4:08 PM  
Blogger heartu,kisses said...

ahh i want the one piece!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Carolina Lange said...

So many amazing stuff! wow!
I'm so sorry about that seller, hope it turns out fine.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Clumsy Girl said...

Fantastic stuff you found!!!! I love thoose shoes!
CG,

11:55 AM  
Blogger FASHION CHALET said...

very cool shoes
i'm a shoe addict!!
xx

1:13 PM  
Blogger Human Racing said...

You're really good at finding ebay items! The second dress and that red jacket are my favorites.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i should employ you as my personal ebay buyer, you've found so much great stuff!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Kira Aderne said...

so great stuff!!!


a kiss!!!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Paris said...

Oh my goodness, this is such a great post! I can't believe how cheap that Prada handbag is going for so far!! And love the Nina Ricca sunnies. I can never seem to find great things like these.

I had a similar problem with ebay. Basically it was fraud. I bought a 'buy it now' Kate Moss dress and paid straight away as instructed They then 'disappeared' from ebay and ran off with my £100! Luckily paypal refunded me! It's really put me off though, I am really suspicious now! And I was selling but i've been put off doing that too because someone claimed not to recieve an item and I had proof of postage yet they were still able to leave me bad feedback, this could not be removed.

Thank you for your lovely comment by the way! Really love your blog xx

5:08 PM  
Blogger Ruby Fuerza AKA Lucille Brawl said...

i buy from ebay a lot but i have never had a bad experience EXCEPT once i bought i fake marc jacobs blouse from Singapore. it didn't bother me much because it was dirt cheap and looked real but i went to sell it at a thrift shop and the sales associate called me out on it - embarrassing!!! xx

5:18 PM  
Blogger Fashion Is Poison said...

hmm some great pieces here!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wowwww great stuff!

thanks for the comment :)
i love your blog!

8:44 PM  
Blogger terren said...

Oh my goooodness! that red blazer!!! and that party dress! everything is amazing. i spend way tooo much money on ebay, too !

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fantastic post!!!

2:10 AM  
Blogger Winnie said...

I love love that ethnic ruffle print one!

I used to buy from ebay alot but then my account got hacked and I haven't gone back since...

3:33 AM  
Blogger Shes Dressing Up said...

Oooh great post, thanks for sharing all of these great finds!

1:21 PM  
Blogger maverickandlove said...

i loved your comment on my post! yeah eric was just making fun of how i went up to him to ask if it was in fact him.. and how i asked him to take a picture with me. and no, i don't go to that fashion school in the city, but i wish i did!
thanks for posting up these lovely pics! and i use ebay alot, not only do i sell things but i also buy. I hope you got your money back... ive never dealt with anyone liek that yet, and hopefully i wont!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Great picks. I love doing posts like these.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Wow, those are some really really amazing stuff.

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the red blazer its amazing and so modern looking

1:39 PM  
Blogger J.M. Powell said...

oh i LOVE that red officer's jacket!

3:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god! I was the one that won that ruched orange dress with rosettes from Cloud Nine Vintage! And now I saw it on your blog! Small world! Anyway, I will post a picture of it once I get it!
<3 your blog!
- Market Publique

11:29 AM  
Blogger FASHION CHALET said...

thanks for the sweet comment xx
cool items you have posted above.

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gloria,
I love your blog too!
And linking would be awesome! I will send you a pic once I get the dress, and I will also link you once I set up my blog on WordPress and in my new server (my blog is only a month old, so I'm still getting set up)! I will keep you posted! Thanks for the kind comment!
- Market Publique

6:48 PM  
Blogger Fashion Is Poison said...

wow great stuff

7:22 PM  
Blogger Diana Coronado said...

Pretty, really pretty, we luv E.bay !!

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home