Friday, May 30, 2008

Belated Happy Birthday: Love Life Love Style turns Two !! an embarassing anecdote

It just occured to me a few days ago that the day I started my first post on this blog had already passed-- which happens to be May 17th! It was very surprising-- showing that sometimes you just forget good things when you're preoccupied.

Last anniversary, one of the things I promised you guys was more designer interviews-- which I tried hard to do this time! See this year's interviews with Hannah from Hannah from Basel and Brian Lichtenberg..from well, Brian Lichtenberg.

Concerning interactive stuff, there's never been much of a response so it's that's never really been developed... just please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences if something pertains! : )

Ah, and I still need to categorize these past months' posts. . . sorry, really bad at that.

For this year, I am going to TRY TRY TRY to do some short posts too. I think I scare people away with the sheer length. I am also going to see if I can try new ways to get some traffic going through here. I've realized most of the more popular sites with a lot of readers, post outfit photos very often... so I might try to do that more. I'm also going to try to put up a new, maybe more eye-catching, banner on top. Also, I am currently such an ADDICT to ebay that I might do "ebay days" where I'll just post up the latest ebay finds (vintage etc). As for other ideas... Creative juices, get going!

Anyway, in the spirit of forgetfulness, I am going to share a hilarious (well, looking back on it), forgetful fashion moment I had this semester at school. Trust me. It's...hard to top. This is one post you probably won't want to breeze through.


So it starts off simple: I woke up one morning and spent a couple minutes deciding what to wear. After a couple more minutes, I finally settled on my outfit. And I felt pretty good. You ever have those outfits where you just feel invincible? Just like, real smooth? Well, I felt pretty smooth.

I had on AA electric blue leggings, the cutest childhood dress-shirt thing, an A/X short sleeved white button-down (A white collar does wonders to brighten up your face), a Banana Republic tame wrap-around cardigan, and cute, sweet, white ballet flats from UO [in recreating the outfit for below, I had to replace my white flats with something else because I left them in Cali]. Not to mention, it was very suitable and not too over-the-edge for my small SoCal liberal-arts school.



So yeah, I felt damn good! So damn good. So damn good that when I walked out my dorm, I forgot pants.

Or shorts, or anything to cover up my derriere. I violated (ACCIDENTALLY) the fine line between the confusing length of dress-shirt/dress-shirts and tights when I walked out that door. Yes, it's true I had tights on. And you couldn't really see my butt when I walked, but if I sat down, wow, you better watch out.

Anyway, it would've been fine if I walked back inside, right? But no, I did not realize that I had basically a dressy shirt and no pants, because, like I said, I felt so damn good. In fact, I felt so good, that I actually walked all the way to the computer lab that morning, since I needed to print something out before class. Of course, everyone always prints something out before class, so the computer lab was full, bustling with 50-some students. It's like Dunkin Donuts at 8 AM. I didn't talk to anyone, and I went straight to a computer, feeling kind of like a hotshot.



Anyway, in the back of my head, I knew my outfit was short, but it still didn't occur to me I was wearing no shorts. I figured that's why some people were looking at me. But because I knew it was short, I did "the swipe" when I sat down. You know-- when you flatten your skirt from the back to the front so you don't accidentally flash anyone.

But uh-- when I did the swipe-- near the middle of the swipe, I realized I was touching my blue AA-covered butt. It was just something that clicked in my head. I didn't even look down. It was just like, "wow, I think this is not fabric. I think this is my nylon-covered butt." Then, I verified by discreetly looking down and I was horrified to realize I forgot to put my shorts back on, when I put on my outfit this morning, and I was basically sitting in a shirt and tights. SEE-THROUGH tights. Like, you could see my underwear in those tights.

I wanted to die! I was afraid to stand back up, and then I realized that was probably why some people had been looking at me funny, while I thought I had looked pretty smooth. I took my cardigan and wrapped it around my waist as best I could, and I got the heck out of there.





I am actually pretty self-conscious, so I was astonished while I was racing back to my dorm, that not only did I walk out without pants/shorts, but that I did not realize until I sat down in front of 50 people. I think I was too busy thinking about the strangeness of my shiny blue tights to think that-- hey, my dress-shirt was strangely short and I forgot to wear SHORTS. I can only imagine how many poor people who actually saw my derriere. I am still mortified. but amused. although mortified.


Anyone else have a mortifying fashion moment? Or want to comfort me in that I am not the only one who has walked outside without pants on?


stay tuned: next post-- strictly an outfit post; I'm going to try something new [cause as you know, I'm never good at timing the output of my posts]... when I get 10+ comments, I'll put up the next post. ; )

____________________

Today's moment of action from SaveDarfur:

Not since World War II have all major presidential candidates come together on an international issue.

Until now. Today, Senators Clinton, McCain and Obama released a joint statement condemning the violence against the people of Darfur and promising to address the issue with "unstinting resolve."

Let's show our appreciation. Click here to watch a video with the three candidates and send a note applauding their unity on this matter of grave national concern.

21 Comments:

Blogger Winnie said...

I hope my blog stays running for as long as yours, the blue tights are awesome and I totally know what you mean about the short short skirts, especially when you realise it's windy!

8:52 AM  
Blogger TheSundayBest said...

hey there. Leaving this comment on an iPod so words will be skipped. Congrats on keeping this up that long. As for readers - it is a lot to ask people to read essays. However you're mom post was epic and it had a huge response. I'd say as blogging goes yo're already pretty successful.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Selina (Flying Saucer) said...

ooo i love this post! can't believe i haven't seen this blog before, i love super long posts that aren't daily, it makes them more special and thought out. i've done this many a time- worn things that are way too short but vow that i will stand straight all night- i never do!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Happy belated Birthday dear!!!
Hope you'll keep for many more years ;)
You made me laugh with your story, well I can't imagine how you felt...

xoxo

9:28 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Happy birthday to your blog! Cheers for longevity. May we all be so blessed!

And collective yikes on the pantsless caper. :-)

9:53 AM  
Blogger Ariel said...

I love the mixing of patterns.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah i always wear things that look fine inside but once i go outside they are compleatly see through! conrats on the aniversary

11:22 AM  
Blogger Carolina Lange said...

Happy birthday to your blog!!!
I love your look! You look good!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Laura S. Taylor said...

oh no! that sounds like a bad dream!!! but you looked really cute, and i doubt anyone saw your booty...they just prob thought it was weird you were wearing something so short.

You blog looks really interesting, all i wanna do is sit down and read it all, but I'm moving tomorrow and really should be packing. eep.

until next time,
Laura

1:23 PM  
Blogger saray said...

I'm inlove with your shoes!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Adele said...

how cool lol!!xxx

3:38 PM  
Blogger Brigitte Plouffe said...

i just found your blog a week ago or so, and i love it. just keep doing what you're doing!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Angie hearts said...

You look fabulous!
sorry about that incident, I had a moment like that before too, even though it was in elementary school, but I will always remember that once where I forgot to zip my fly and this girl yell, "You Forgot to Zip Your Fly!!1".. ahahah.. I wanted to die at that moment.. hahahah

by the way, I link u on my blog

4:54 PM  
Blogger money and shit said...

Haha, what a great great story! But I see so much girls, with skirts, which are as short as your top... but: great tights!

2:37 AM  
Blogger millicent said...

well it kinda looks like a super short minidress without the shorts. at least you were wearing tights.

i wore a long flowy tunic top as a dress once, with nothing on the bottom, and no one noticed. haha.

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so funny. we've all been there, but i must say, at least you looked adorable!

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hilarious! I love the outfit, though.

4:09 PM  
Blogger yiqin; said...

I love electric blue tights! Ohyes, I once went to school wit a sheer dress & I didn't realise it was sheer because like you said, I felt good! =/ Untill my friend asked me why was I showing my underwear to everybody!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

Thanks for all the comments, guys and that some of you enjoyed my story :)

A few clarifications: when I meant traffic, I meant new traffic, since it's mostly the same people who come back here, and it's a chunk of it is just people who's blogs I've commented on who were sweet enough to drop by.

laura- thanks for the compliment! Do come back and I Hope the packing goes well :)

brigitte- thanks for the vote of confidence!

millicent-- the only problem was that it was sheer you could see my underwear!

1:46 PM  
Blogger heartu,kisses said...

hey your outfits are ammmmmmazing.
love to trade links. linking you now :)
oh btw, my straw hats actually don't bother me in the heat, plus act as sunblocker.

4:40 PM  
Blogger etoilee8 said...

This post cracks me up! Coming from a girl who has more than once tucked her skirt in her tights, I know a thing or two about feeling a bit mortified. Dust your shoulders off, at least you can laugh about here with us :)

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home