Sunday, June 01, 2008

the many faces of g. chang. warning; amount of graphics here might make your computer explode

Thanks so much for your comments and the blog birthday wishes last post!

I know I said I'd put the next post up when I had 10+ comments (my new timing method...but I might change it because 10 might be too quick I think) but I actually have a legitimate excuse.

So..what happened was that a lot of the outfit photos that I took during the semester...got deleted since I thought I had saved them, but I didn't. Basically. So when I made the last post on friday and recreated that embarassing moment...I also had to basically, recreate all of my outfits from a paper that I thankfully saved with my organized doodles. Keep in mind, it's WARM here. Really warm, which turned into really HOT since I was trying on long-sleeves, sweaters with cowl necks, etc. and it was disastrous. Plus, just now, every time I uploaded a photo, Blogger kept adding pages of spaces to my notes, so that a 10 page Word html sheet turned into a 75 page sheet. Ridiculous.


In reality, I was dying when I kept rearranging the cardigan in the last post (it's harder than you think to take redeemable outfit photos than you think; the lighting, out-of-focus, the color, the blurriness, the details, not showing up like you thought it would...). The heat also explains some of the silly photos.


Anyway, in the middle of taking some photos, my dear, lovable, reliable Canon- which I put under self-timer- FELL. onto the floor. hardwood floor. I tried to resuscitate it, but to no avail-- it wouldn't turn back on. Then cue the distress-- that my parents would murder me (they got it for me for Christmas 2 years ago after all). Long story short, today finally, I went out and bought a pack of tiny screwdrivers and dismantled the thing and took out like 20 screws [somehow 2 of them were left over when I put it back together, Lol] and spent the late afternoon fixing it. And I was pretty sure that it still wasn't going to work, but lo and behold, my Canon has 9 lives, and it did not let me down when I turned it on.


I. salvaged semester photos
II. recreated semester photos [some items left behind in Cali; hence, recreated]


I. salvaged semester photos :

snap snap snap snap





l i q u i d g o l d



So one of my favorite vintage silk shirts from a thrift store I mentioned

3 separate occasions:

1. vintage belt, same thrift store. vintage boots- ebay. [I think I'm going to sell them though since they're too narrow]. plain white shirt.



2. elizabeth hurley caftan [scoop nyc, sale $20], black tulle striped skirt- $20, old belt, vintage YSL pumps.



3. Two vintage silk shirts; one draped also from aforementioned thrift shop in aforementioned post. Free people shorts.




I had been planning to go out this night [below], but I didn't end up going out--- we just went to the ice cream store ..?




jovovich-hawk [target] dress. not that flashy in real life.
straps were so long that I just let them hang and wore it like a tube dress.




II. Recreated Unsalvagable Photos

feeling much relieved after the outfit for the last post,
when I took those 2 layers off . ah plain and simple.



Getting ready for the next outfit. Dying in the Heat.



Fiddling with the Camera [this is the only floral piece I bought for the summer because of a balenciaga fever]



Pow. How you like me now?

[Floral Skirt: Goodwill $5! Alice Temperly for Target top, Target sleeveless lavender cowl sweater [both on clearance, forget how much]. RL strappy shoes ($17?)]






This is actually a little wristlet pouch I made:

I just remember thinking that all those heavy leather wristlets kind of defeated the point of a wristlet which is supposed to be light, and so I made a nice organic-looking daisy-like one [light oatmeal muslin on the outside, the lightest peachy pink satin on the inside]

it holds just enough of the essentials- a lipbalm, keys, and little cash and a few cards [credit card, ID card..].
also, it's not really a wristlet, it's like...a palm-let,
because I dislike the weighted feelings on my wrist.
and no I don't wear watches.

they make me feel "chained to time".



prepping for next outfit






there is also some explanation behind this one..

I actually wore this during the semester with a red and white striped united bamboo button-up skirt [which is reserved for a whole other post] and my vintage YSL caramel bow pumps. totally different feeling.

this is probably the most avant-garde top I own, so I really wanted to play up the shape. this outfit has a more expensive, editorial feel.

[top, mary ping- creatures of comfort spring sale, recently acquired orange lace skirt- vintage versace (my first versace), red heels- vintage oleg cassini (the one with the wise words on my header)]







prepping the camera for the next outfit



[flourescent yellow workout top- uniqlo, sheer pink racerback-free people, mom's old butterfly skirt, girbaud skirt $5, belt- H&M $12.50]


I would have never walked out styled like this [see bottom]

but I thought it would be a good "what if".



I did this overlay of sheer socks thing,
I tried the sheer pink socks with my blue AA's this semester, and I really liked the effect
--but I kind of forgot which outfit I did it with--
so I just redid the whole thing. here, my various efforts.

try 1: I felt a little too superhero with these cause of the red shoes.



hm? what about these shoes?



oh yes, I like it better.




ready for action! reporting for duty!

[girbaud skirt- in mini-cape form, isabel marant top tucked in [creatures of comfort spring sale], vpl sample floor shorts $49, sheer vintage nordstrom socks. tommy hilfiger canvas espadrilles- macys sale]




New Look. I really wanted to try out my newest purchase-- a $10 H&M pinstriped suspender skirt:

Try 1: I wanted this to have a creepy, circus-boy, little drummer boy type vibe [a ra ta ta tat]. Maybe if I had a good makeup artist.



when I had first tried on the skirt in H&M, I had on a pleather gray motorcycle jacket, and my white converses. I felt pretty sweet and tough, like a modern day pink lady. Then I realized the jacket was $99.

red shoes were better here. [$40 short jacket, fornarina nyc sale]



I'll put up the next post after 15 comments xo

-update- hi! sorry sorry. I know it's reached 25 comments, but I'm doing some intense physics and I need to redo my CV and stuff...gimme an extra day :) xo

33 Comments:

Blogger The Fancier said...

I love, love those gold leggings. So hot! All your outfits are great. I really like the big red flower skirt, so cool!

5:06 AM  
Blogger Shes Dressing Up said...

Love the first outfit so much!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Paris said...

awe that little pouch you have made is so gorgeous and unusual! Do you sell them? I also love the gold lace skirt, beautiful!!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Diana Coronado said...

Oriental girls have beautiful legs why ?? haha
I luv the red dress

11:29 PM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Such cool outfits, and I love your writing, so funny.
That little pouch you have made is so gorgeous...
The floral printed skirt is great.

You rock girl!
xx

4:06 AM  
Blogger Brigitte Plouffe said...

all of these outfits are super cute. and i love the red with the gold in the first picture!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Ruby Fuerza AKA Lucille Brawl said...

good score with the $5 skirt! xx

4:21 PM  
Blogger Cammila said...

Thank you for the lovely comment! Also, I must say, this is a really tremendous collection of photos. I particularly love the lavender leggings in that very last shot.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Human Racing said...

I love your coat and floral skirt. That leopard print dress is really fun.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, love the flower skirt!!

8:06 AM  
Blogger yanqin said...

Cool outfits! And very patient of you to recreate what was lost :)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Kira Aderne said...

so great! i love those god leggins!
you are gorgeous!

a kiss,
see you!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Lots of fun outfits! I like the tights and leggings on you.

I'm sorry your camera fell. It's great that you were able to resuscitate it!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Blicious said...

ooh love your blog. cute outfits! i'm 14-haha

3:41 PM  
Blogger Terren said...

i will gladly take the 15th spot. new post please! =)

4:19 PM  
Blogger FASHION CHALET said...

you wear the gold so well, love it!!

4:37 PM  
Blogger -iiROCKzCHII- said...

thanx for commetin ma blog!!
nd now dat i c ur blog!
u got some hot stuff here!
ur so vintagely chic!!!
lol
keep up da bloggin

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an amazing sense of style! Really eclectic - and you pull off items I couldn't even dream of wearing (like gold leggings!). I love all the bright colours :)

6:51 PM  
Blogger Hanna said...

Wow, I've never seen someone wear the gold leggings in a non-hipster way. Kudos.

7:17 PM  
Blogger annabananna said...

wow, so many outfits. i really like your layering and great combinations, can't even pick a favorite. but i really like your mom's old butterly skirt on you :)

7:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you have great outfits.
i love your style :)

thanks so much for the comment.
yah they can be hurtful.
but whatever im back again :)

do you wanna trade links?

9:19 PM  
Blogger FashionSqueah! said...

Oooohhh...happy birthday! loving the outfits by the way and thanks for the comment, swap links?

1:28 AM  
Blogger Fashion Is Poison said...

the orange skirt is <3

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aah i love the looks with the gold leggings and the sheer tights and socks! and i can't believe you made that cute pouch, you should definitely do a tutorial...

1:48 AM  
Blogger Nemerae said...

Hi!
Thanks for you coment ^^ Ithink the same about Paris haha
I love your red cout!! and the look with the Floral Skirt ir very chic ;)
Byee
xxx

4:02 AM  
Blogger a side order of style said...

so cute. all of it, SO cute.
the jovovich-hawk dress on you looks so nice!
& i`m glad that your camera still lives :)

-jae, SOS

9:53 AM  
Blogger Sheena__x said...

love your style girl!
kisses from Argentina !

6:29 PM  
Blogger maverickandlove said...

omg i dont know where to begin! very lovely pictures i love every outfit! that small bag was so adorable. you havew such cute shoes, belts, and lovely tops!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Winnie said...

The gold leggings are awesome and I love the red leopard print dress!

3:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the gold leggings, orange skirt and the floral skirt you've got great outfits

1:52 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

wow, thanks for all your amazing comments!

to paris, and mhbass-- I'm so flattered! Perhaps in the near future my mother and I could make a few to sell on etsy...it's a possibility... or if not, maybe I'll do a tutorial. I'll def. give you guys a headsup if either happens :)

diana-- my legs are FAR from the typical oriental type...my calves are actually pretty chunky compared to my asian counterparts, but I'm wearing heels which tends to draw away from that... ;)

seeker-- thanks! I try to be as entertaining as possible...Lol

fashionaddict-- thanks so much for saying so! I wasn't sure if I'd be able to pull it off in the heat...

hanna- Thanks, I never even thought of it that way. But it is true-- hipster items can be difficult to wear outside the hipster-arena.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your skirt one with roses

11:06 PM  
Blogger Donyale Walton said...

Red coat with leggings was adorable

Ur being linked!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home