Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Prom Part I

Should I talk about ongoing sales or dresses?

Or Maybe I should talk about both...

My school's senior/junior prom is to be this Friday.

Not everything's set into place yet- I've still to make a mani/pedi appointment, threading -so everything's hanging, by a single thread- not to be repetitive. Also- I've got that thick straight black hair that will never have as many facets no matter how one twists and turns- the hairdresser says the hair cannot be totally made into the style I want it to be. Which was a little depressing since I really liked the style. I was looking at an inverse twist + little grecian braids in some parts braided to the back.

To tell the truth- I was never excited about prom. Since I was just never brought up in that "ooh! the prom is the 2nd most memorable night ever!" mode- and even still- my mother is all, "Oh what's the big deal... I've never even gotten my nails done before. It's not like you have a boyfriend so why are you getting all dressed up ...?"

But after getting my dress- which I got sometime in early February- on and off I've been getting little shoots of adrenaline. This was especially the case when we Finally recieved our invitations- the invitations that were my lifeline. After my t-shirt design getting rejected for the only other design that had a pixelated mario on it with pixelated hearts, and having my prom colors of a rich midnight navy and shimmery champagne getting rejected for a red, white, and black emo "My Chemical Romance Album Cover"-ish color theme- I just wasn't in the mood to not get the invitations too- since that's what I was mainly in charge of. I had originally wanted to make from scratch with a willy wonka sort of formal golden ticket. Like the ones that paved the runway at the Dries Van Noten.


Because I thought a ticket-invite would be cooler. But then I came across this little beauty from Checkerboard. (No my name is not Julia- I am not getting engaged)


It was tough. I looked up a bunch of places for the best discounts- and one place had all these great offers- but they had already expired, then someone else went on vacation so we weren't able to place the order, then I went into a panicky frenzy and finally found a wonderful person at http://letspartybyjake418.com at literally- the last minute- who offered a 40% off discount. Which made me very happy.

Let me talk about even better things. The part you're all waiting for- the formal wear. Like my dress. My dress cost about ehhhh 75 dollars. It wasn't on sale- I didn't get it off clearance- I didn't get one of those generic prom dresses with the uniboob cut that flares out to the side. It was at Loehmann's for 90- then I used a promotional coupon, and then I used my birthday coupon. I don't even remember anymore. All I remember is that I was sweating bullets since the cashier was interrogating me about my birthday and telling me I shouldn't even have had a membership card because I wasn't 18. I'll explain- my birthday coupon had already expired a few days earlier. Yes I know. It's horrible what I did for the bargain. But after that I swore I would never do it again since that lady scared me straight.

About the dress...Yes, it is black- but that means the chance of me using it more than once will go up. It has a unique cut. I can show off my legs- somewhat. Not that they're anything to show off. When I first saw the dress on the rack- I was shocked. Because I had previously been in love with a dress almost exactly similar to it on Neiman Marcus.com (I'm still not sure if it's the exact same since the original price tag seems to be different) that WAS on bluefly.com. I just looked on the rack and it didn't matter if the halter- and I'm not one for halters- cut me a little if I bent my head too far back. I was in love. Even if anyone hated it. Because that's how true love is. Did I say it was by Nicole Miller?


And the shoes I got were gold satiny with a bow and...they were $10. sh. Unfortunately they weren't as gold as I thought they would be and so don't go with my skin tone very well.

Okay so now that I have hopefully gotten you all hyped up- tommorrow I will try to do a Part II- where I'll show you loads and loads of drool-worthy (but not slutty) dresses. There are still a lot of sales going on- like at Neiman's and Urban's and a bunch of other places- but since Prom is Friday I'm pushing those topics off.

I say I will try because tommorrow is piano since I have a thing to go to on Sunday- lots of practice since I'm behind- and also I'm trying to fix up a makeup-appointment with a smashbox artist since I'm a bit clueless when it comes to that. Oh and there's a Physics test I need to study for.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like silver more than gold ;X

i hope you have fun! :) oh man i really missed talking to you about .. stuff, in general. mainly, fashion, though. cause that's what you're good at ;D

OKAY. it's 1:07 AM and i'm still doing my history hwk. LOL. bye :3

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home