Sunday, September 09, 2007

AML Season Finale Review (that's all, folks)

Three things before I get on to the final review of the season finale of AML which aired a week ago:

1. College has started for me. That may mean more infrequent posts, we'll see. But I'm definitely going to aim for one a week.

2. The central Jersey UNIQLO closed down!! I was immensely sad...I had wanted to do some back to school shopping there :(

3. Su from The Stiletto Effect gave me a Rockin' Girl Blogger Award! Thank you so much sweetie! It's nice to get some recognition from an already awesome blogger :)



Now I have the honor to pass this honor on to 5 others:

http://fashionfleur.blogspot.com/
http://thecoveted.blogspot.com/
http://mrschocolate.blogspot.com/
http://dianabobar.wordpress.com/
http://thefray.typepad.com/

If you already got tagged, suck it up! :P But if you haven't, do pass this on to 5 other bloggers.


AML Finale Review

I have just got to say...this was the most well-put-together episode out of the whole series. In every aspect. [will be spoilers]

To start with, Joel, the NEXT co-pres called the girls in and proceeded to tell them what (or what not) they would be doing for NEXT. Beatrice is (whew, surprisingly!) told that their branch in Florida is crazy about her photos, while Michelle is told they are sending her to the London branch because they feel she has much potential there. Then you know who's sent home...?

I LOVE this girl
she's a chameleon.



Angelika was told to go home. It figures right? It should have clicked in my head before, during the last post, since I really could not find any recent photos of her at all (other than of the mike & chris shoot). I mean, I kind of feel bad, but I kind of don't...? And the reason they discharged her was precisely because of her attitude. *shrug*

Anyway, for the last three girls, Joel and Petra say they [Abby, Lucia, Valeria] are being sent to the BA-HA-MAS for a beach shoot WOOT woot! Because they want to evaluate them more to decide whether they're right for NEXT. It seemed to me that they picked their favorite, vibrant kids to send off to have a good time [and make for an exciting season finale].

And of course, cue the tears and hugging when they get back to the hotel since all the tickets are booked for that night.




So, the three lucky girls get to the Bahamas, it's totally gorgeous as expected, and they stay in a swank hotel, the Atlantis. They have a brilliant view. They meet the camera crew and Karl (their cheeky makeup artist), it's all very casual (thank god) and they chat and get accustomed to their surroundings. Their English photographer shows them around the aquarium and the three girls get an interactive session with the famous Katrina dolphins and their handlers (so cute!).


Tyra visits the Katrina dolphins



Then they head back to the hotel and hunker down to work. They're doing a shoot for Rampage-- one of the brands Petra fronts for. Personally, I was expecting something a little more...high fashion, but I'm not going to complain. Then there was this completely hilarious part (good editing) where the photographer keeps bugging Karl as the girls are getting made-up for the shoot, "Karl? Karl?" 5 seconds later, "Karl, Karl? Come here" 10 seconds later, "Karl? Karl? Karl?"

When they finally get on the beach, it's a lot harder than it seems-- for example, Abby has to model on some rugged rocks (ouch). Overall: lucia- a tad too pouty, abby-fun/playful/strong [she seems to have gone from an awkward girl to an intense woman]. valeria- squinty (joel and petra said so as well when they flew back to NYC). They also told them that the three of them still couldn't get down the art of making the clothing stand out (as models, looked good, but they needed to learn how sell the clothing).




So then after Joel fumbles about each of the girls and especially about Lucia's striking eyes, he announces that NEXT would love all three of them to work with them, and that they each recieve $100,000 contract. Yeah, beat that ANTM.

However it's still unclear to me whether Michelle and Beatrice got the same package. Then Joanna Coles from Marie Claire comes into the boardroom (surprise surprise!) and she says that all three of them are going to be featured in a spread in Marie Claire. And of course, cue excitement and elatedness (is that a word?) and the three girls and even Petra starts crying happy tears. Joanna adds, "I never cry." And then they all leave in taxis, with Abby at the very end and Lucia saying, "No bye" as she got into the cab because she didn't want to say goodbye and get teary...aw...

Joanna Coles



The final episode was like the end chapter of a really good book, totally satisfying. The cherry on top of a sundae. Though I do wonder if one of the Marie Claires has come out yet with that spread..? Anyone?

I can only feel that if they have another season next summer, that it will be even better.


PS. Abby looks like she could be Ian Somerhalder's cousin.

13 Comments:

Blogger Fashion Fleur said...

haha not at all! thanks alot ;D:D
you also have an amazing blog.. and best of luck in college!!!
& keep the posts coming!!

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh, thank you so much for tagging me! And for including me with other such awesome bloggers!

I hope you'll keep posting after college starts--I've gotta have my fashion reading.

10:37 PM  
Blogger -S said...

a model life = amazing. single handed the best modeling show on t.v, im hoping for another season.
as for anjelika, i'm surprised she hasn't done more work on her own. she takes gorgeous photos, and beatrice? people actually wanted her? i'm shocked. and i cannot wait until the new marie claire to see the photos.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Diana @ So Fash'on said...

thanks so much!!! I really appreciate it! Ugh, this post makes me want to watch a model life even more. i still couldn't find it. we don't have it in Romania..unfortunately.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Romeika said...

Hope you get to post at least now and then! I used to watch these modeling reality shows back in my home country, but now there's not such a thing on danish tv, maybe if you have cable, but i don't:-S

re:Glad you liked the "1920s are back post":-)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

i love the last picture it is so edgy and the video with tara is so funny!
xxx

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that pic of Abby is hot, I didn't love her on the show but the pics I have seen since, I am totally hearting. I hope Petra takes over the fashion world!

5:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

with her show, I meant, and kick ANTM ass even though I love both. I just hope AML comes back for more.

5:01 AM  
Blogger Carolina Lange said...

anjelika really looks great!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Susana Rodrigues said...

If there is a blogger who really deserves the "Rockin' Girl Blogger Award" that person is you! I'm saying that because you really care about things around you, and that is very important nowadays!
A huge kiss
Su

1:04 PM  
Blogger Ellie Lee said...

hey meant to ask u abt it. but- lol! i think u're comment abt LC being on the cover of teen vogue one two many times haf been showcased in actual print!! lol!
it's a no wonder that butterfly back sounds so so familiar!!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Susana Rodrigues said...

Hi :)

Just to say you are on my Red Carpet!

Kiss

Su

P.S: I miss your posts

11:52 AM  
Blogger alexgirl said...

Oooh, now I wish I'd seen AML.
I just posted the Rockin' Girl Blogger thing too! haha.
Great post.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home