Friday, July 18, 2008

Florals and Fluorescence

Outfit photos as promised! The overall theme was florals and fluorescence. The primary goal was to fix stuff up around last post's neon gladiators, but then when I got my vintage floral legwarmers in the mail [ebay], I just had to try to use them; Legwarmers and Gladiator Sandals? Sure! What, it's 90 degrees outside? Nevermind that!

Anyway, there wasn't much logic to the way things shot off but I ended up trying to put together a variety of different looks, that could be worked with a certain of style or age group.

The main players in this set were the following pieces: Neon green gladiators [but of course!], childhood stretchy bright floral shorts [I've had these since I was like 10 and only recently understood their potential value], an old Free People floral cardigan, Mary Ping white wide tank, and Fruit of the Loom white tank.

I'd talk more (all of you know I'm liable to chatting away) but I just got a total of like 10 flea bites as I was putting this post together because I was sitting still and now I'm itchy and scratchy and I think I must have fleas or something or else how could they get at me so much within a small time period and rape my entire arms so? aghhhh.

I am actually very sad. I can't tolerate such itchiness. This is quite off topic, but anyone know an ointment that will actually not just relieve the itchiness but effectively make the spots heal? If not, I will not be able to walk out the door in anything other than a long-sleeved shirt for the next month. These are big obnoxious bites and it's HOT..

wow, I have no idea what just happened there. anyway, enjoy the set!


The First Go; Very Youthful!



Wear your Heart on your Sleeve, and your Cardigan on your Neck.







Fire & Ice & Garden Parties




A Bright Idea



Conservative Cool (w/ tank tucked in)





My Seasoned Lady Look
[those were actually my grandma's loose shorts, it's not a skirt]



Demure Floral



A Shot of Neon- please!



Nighttime Fluorescence



[I love the way the colors glow]






Action of the Week [HSUS]

=
please take a minute to read! I ask for nothing else=

Help Support The Great Ape Protection Act

Approximately 1,200 chimpanzees, our closest living relatives, are languishing in laboratories across the United States—most for decades.


The Great Ape Protection Act (H.R. 5852) has been introduced to end invasive research on the 1200 chimpanzees remaining in laboratories, retire the approximately 600 federally-owned chimpanzees to permanent sanctuary, and make the recent decision by the National Center for Research Resources—part of NIH—to stop funding the breeding of federally-owned chimpanzees statutory.

TAKE ACTION

Please make a brief, polite phone call to urge your U.S. Representative to co-sponsor The Great Ape Protection Act. Call the Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121 or click here to look up your Representative and the Capitol office phone number. It is especially important to contact your Representative if he or she sits on the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.
After you make your call, fill out this message [already pre-typed] with your information to your Congressperson:
https://community.hsus.org/campaign/FED_2008_apeprotectionact2

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the 2nd set with the blue cardi! =) the floral shorts are amazing!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Yay for leg warmers and bright gladiators!
Love how you have an Oleg Cassini quote on your banner as well!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Kira Aderne said...

you are fantastic!
so experimental and cool!!

love it!

a kiss

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the floral cardigan! the colour is so beautiful!
kx

www.fashionistadiary.co.uk

11:50 AM  
Blogger giggleness said...

love the bright gladiators.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

The outfit with the blue cardigan looks the best on you!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Wuthering said...

you are adorable!!!

dang... someone just told me what repels fleas & all i could think was dang! i wish i knew that growing up!!! I'm thinking tea tree oil yet... i'm unfortunately not positive. i'm pretty sure it was an essential oil however.

anyway darling, your a lovey for fighting for the apes! while it wasn't on my mind. it would of course not hurt to make a quick call.

Thank you for trying to make a difference!!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Blonde hair, Blue jeans said...

the first outfit is so risky! love it! =)

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The peach tulle andthe neon...too lovely!

1:24 PM  
Blogger annabananna said...

wow, so many great outfits. can't pick a favorite, i just love the pictures.

3:04 PM  
Blogger STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

Dear stylish Gloria

before i go to bed, i wanted to warn my friends : be aware ! my last photos could give you the desire to fall in love with Paris and move in ! lol.

cheers from Paris

Kamel
STYLE AND THE CITY . COM
PARIS

4:28 PM  
Blogger Gaby said...

oh my lord! Fabulous!!!!!!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Clémence said...

Hey!
Thank you for ur comment!
About the french thing if you want me to translate just ask =)
Im gonna post some new stuff tonight or tomorrow...ive been quite busy this week!

oh and ur style is fierce! im very impressed!

xx

9:29 AM  
Blogger Blicious said...

those floral shorts are so cute!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Vodi said...

Yes; you should look into buying the dess. But I love the lime gladiators!!

1:47 PM  
Blogger LJ said...

so great, I really like your play with floral. The shorts are really cute, and I especially love the socks/leg warmers.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

What great shoes. Such a fun twist! And I also love your grandmother's shorts. She must be a stylish lady as well.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Brianna Gonzalez said...

for itchiness, definitely use cortizone. i get this allergic reaction to my favorite coach bangle bracelets when i sweat (its realllllly weird) and cortizone helps the itch and makes it go away. or you should use calamine lotion, that always soothes the itchiness.

anyways, loved the looks. my favorite one was the "a bright idea". very cool. 8)

10:27 AM  
Blogger Mónica said...

I love floral trend! the sandals are too eye-catching to me!!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Syed said...

Love the mixed florals and your sandals are AMAZING!

1:30 PM  
Blogger we wear things said...

aren't you the risk taker! and wow those loose shorts are fabulous!

-issa

6:59 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

so cute.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Fashion Fleur said...

i love your grandmas shorts!!!!

12:59 PM  
Blogger FashionSqueah! said...

Great outfits and I loved your advice in the last post on shopping in cheap shops! Char x

11:31 AM  
Blogger chnch said...

cool sandals! luvs it:)

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home